Upcoming Events

Fire-N-The-Hole Steak Cookoff and Cornhole Championship

April 22, 2017 at Frisco Park!!!!!! Click the link above for more information and to register go HERE!


Chapter divider 2


March 29-30, 2017 – MS Bicentennial Celebration with 1817 MS Constitution and 1818 US Flag on display at the Amory Regional Museum  (click above wording for more information).


Chapter divider 2

April 20, 2017 – Chickasaw Inkana Foundation will be co-hosting a mini-celebration along with Amory Museum on Thursday, April 20, 2017. Featured will be the Chickasaw Nation Dance Troupe, cultural demonstrations, and special guest speakers on Chickasaw history and culture! – See more at:




Breaking News!




Congratulations to Kasey Pearson on becoming Miss Amory 2017 and Rachel Canup for her title of Miss Amory Outstanding Teen.  Also crowned November 6, Miss Monroe County 2017 Alivia Paden Roberts and Miss Monroe County Outstanding Teen Kayleebrooke McCollum.  These beautifully talented ladies will represent Monroe County and Amory, Mississippi in the Miss Mississippi Pageant. #MissAmory2017 #MissAmoryOT

Kayleebrooke Mccollum and Rachel Canup

Kayleebrooke Mccollum and Rachel Canup


Alivia Paden Roberts and Kasey Pearson

Alivia Paden Roberts and Kasey Pearson


Chapter divider 2

Beginning April 4, 2016 Monroe County will be delivering new cans to our residential customers.  Please pay attention to the information sheets attached to each can. This information will have your pick up day on it.  The can distribution will take approximately one month to complete.  If you do not have a can, but the street next to you does, please be patient. The process will take approximately one month to complete for garbage pickup to begin. We ask that you be patient as we transition from City of Amory garbage pick up to Monroe County operated garbage pick up.

Please click this link for a press release from Monroe County:

Press Release Regarding City of Amory Residential Garbage

As mentioned in the above press release, should you require an extra can there are two options available to you:

1- Contact Monroe County and for an extra fee per month, you will be provided with a can.

2- You may purchase your own additional rolling can and place it alongside the Monroe County provided can. Please remember that due to the type of machine picking up the trash, the can must be a rolling can of similar quality. Monroe County will not be responsible for damage to self-purchased garbage containers.


 Chapter divider 2

 The Monroe County Chamber of Commerce puts out a Monday Moments Newsletter! Click HERE


Chapter divider 2


Amory, Mississippi Native WINNER of the last American Idol!!

Please read the following statement from the City of Amory!

Trent Harmon America’s Last American Idol #AmoryProud



trent harmon winner


 Chapter divider 2



What can you do to be prepared and what you should do during a natural disaster…

MEMA offers helpful tips and ideas on their website for all natural disaster situations.

Visit the following page:

Click the link on whatever disaster you want to prepare for on the far right side!

Helpful tips and ideas for kids are available, too!



Chapter divider 2

The Frisco Park Splashpad is open!


frisco panorama


Hours of active water are 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.!



frisco park 04072016 b


April 30 – Tiffany School of Dance Recital at the National Guard Old Armory.

May 5 – Amory Frisco Park – National Day of Prayer 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

May 21 – Amory Frisco Park – Police Officer Appreciation Week Event 2-4



Chapter divider 2





Visit our Employment page for job applications and job opportunities:




 City of Amory Employment Opportunities





















Upcoming Events

[gcal id=”3219,3202,3203″ display=”grid”]
[gcal id=”3219,3202,3203″ display=”list”]

[google-calendar-events type=”list-grouped”]