The City of Amory Parks & Recreation Department consists of four different sites. The first, Concord Complex, is located on Concord Drive directly across from East Amory Elementary School. It is spread over a nine-acre lot and consists of a large softball field, three baseball fields, two large soccer fields, and flag football fields during appropriate seasons. There is also a large parking area and free access to a public playground with large covered pavilion and picnic tables. This area can be reserved by phone call for birthday parties and occasions. The Carlos Moore Field, located on Martin Luther King Drive, is used for baseball, softball, soccer, and flag football. The third site is located in front of Amory High School and consists of two baseball and softball fields which are also used for t-ball and flag football. Also located on this site is a small playground. Located on the corner of Concord and Boulevard is the Gilmore SportsPlex. There is a large, shaded walking track, pavilion, bathrooms, and softball and baseball fields with large parking convenience.
There are two community centers. East Amory Community Center, located on Crump Boulevard adjacent to the Amory High School Baseball Field and West Amory Community Center located on 111th Street across from West Amory Elementary School. Both of these facilities are available for rent upon reservation.
- Director - Bill Abney
- Assistant Director - Angel Westbrook
- Senior Program Director - Wilma Smith
- Inside Maintenance - Donald Nails
- Outside Maintenance - Bennie Shaw & Junior Dean
Parks & Recreation Calendar
Parks & Recreation Contact
For more information about the Parks & Recreation Department, call (662) 256-3221 or email us at email@example.com.
Recreational Programs Offered
- Flag football (adult and youth)
- Fall Soccer
- Spring Soccer
- Senior Citizens Program
- Baseball/Softball/T-Ball - Registration Fee - $50.00 (This fee covers uniform and registration with state organizations)
- Registration begins 2/1/13
- Practice begins 3/18/13
- Games begin 4/15/13
Parents will be responsible for glove, bat, cleats or tennis shoes. The Park and Recreation will provide balls for the team and 5 batting helmets per team. If the parent wishes for his/her child to have their own batting helmet, they are responsible for that purchase.
- Fall Soccer - end of July–August games begin in Sept–October.
- Flag/Men’s Football - signup October - first of November games begin in November–December for flag, Men’s November–January
- Spring Soccer - no registration just carried over from the fall program, but begins in Feb–March.