How and where do you register to vote?
You can register to vote in a variety of ways:
- In the Circuit Clerk’s office at the Monroe County Courthouse in Aberdeen, MS.
- In the City of Amory City Hall behind Frisco Park in Amory, MS.
- By mail – you can request an application be mailed to you from the Circuit Clerk’s Office (662-369-8695) P.O. Box 843, Aberdeen, MS 39730
- or print one offline at the City of Amory or Circuit Clerk’s websites. Click here:
- MS Voter Registration Form 11 2019 (Fill it out line, print it, then mail to MONROE COUNTY P.O. Box 843 Aberdeen, MS 39730)
- When you renew your driver’s license.
- High Schools – Every year the Circuit Clerk visits the county high schools and distributes the Voter Registration Applications.
- And many more places…
What is the deadline for registration in order to vote?
- The voter registration application must be delivered to your registrar or postmarked (if mailed to the Circuit Clerk’s office in Aberdeen) at least 30 days prior to an election. Do not mail your application to the City of Amory City Clerk’s office. This will delay your registration as the Clerk’s office will have to forward it to the Circuit Clerk’s Office in Aberdeen for registration.
- Voter Registration at City of Amory 2019 Municipal Special Election deadline is November 9, 2019 at noon. You may register in the City Clerk’s Office in City Hall in Amory as we will be open from 8:00-Noon that day.
- Special rules and deadlines apply to military and overseas voters and their family members located with them.
- The City of Amory Municipal Special Election December 10, 2019.
Absentee Voting and How?
- November 7, 2019 Ballot Applications are available at the City Clerk’s office.
- November (week of 11th) Absentee Ballots should be available at the City Clerk’s office 109 South Front Street.
- Absentee voting can be done in person any day that the City Clerk’s office is open and only at the City Clerk’s office in Amory at 109 South Front Street.
- November 9, 2019 – last date to register to vote for this election. City Clerk’s office is open 8:00-noon.
- November 30, 2019 – City Clerk’s office is open for absentee voting from 8:00-Noon.
- December 7, 2019-last day to vote absentee – City Clerk’s office is open for absentee voting from 8:00-Noon.
- December 9, 2019- 5:00 p.m. deadline for absentee by mail.
- December 10, 2019- Election 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
Who is eligible?
Miss. Code Ann. § 23-15-627, 23-15-673, 23-15-713
- Members of the United States Armed Forces, or their spouses and/or dependents.
- Members of the Merchant Marines or American Red Cross, or their spouses and/or dependents.
- Disabled war veterans who are patients in any hospital, or their spouses and/or dependents.
- Civilians attached to any branch of the Armed Forces, the Merchant Marines, or the American Red Cross and serving outside the United States and their spouses and/or dependents.
- Any trained or certified emergency response provider who is deployed on Election Day during any state of emergency declared by the President of the United States or any Governor of any U.S. State.
- Persons temporarily residing outside the territorial limits of the U.S. and the District of Columbia.
- Students, teachers, or administrators whose employment or studies necessitate their absence from their county of voting residence, or their dependent or spouse who maintains a common domicile outside the county of voting residence.
- Persons who will be outside their counties of residence on Election Day.
- Persons required to be at work on election day during the times at which the polls are open (7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.).
- Persons temporarily or permanently physically disabled. If you are, please contact our office to be put on a list. You will need a letter from a physician.
- Members of the MS Congressional delegation, or their spouses and/or dependents.
- Persons sixty-five (65) years of age or older.
- Parents, spouses, or dependents of persons having a temporary or permanent physical disability who are hospitalized outside their counties of residence or more then fifty (50) miles away from their residences if the parents, spouses, and/or depends will be with such persons on Election Day.
Absentee Voting by Mail?
Only those voters who fall into certain statutorily approved categories in MS are eligible to vote by absentee ballot:
- Voters who are temporarily residing outside the municipality.
- Voters who are temporarily or permanently physically disabled.
- Voters who are sixty-five (65) years of age or older.
- The parents, spouses, or dependents of persons having a temporary or permanent physical disability who are hospitalized outside their counties of residence or more then fifty (50) miles away from their residences if the parents, spouses, and/or depends will be with such persons on Election Day.
Absentee Ballot Applications?
- An application may be given via verbal or written request of the actual voter.
- An application may be provided for another but only to a parent, child, spouse, sibling, legal guardian, agent or person empowered by a power of attorney to act for that voter (upon verbal or written request).
- Nursing homes: The ACTUAL VOTER must request his or her own absentee application and ballot.
- The spouse, parent, parent, grandparent, sibling, adult child adult grandchild, or legal guardian of a resident of a skilled nursing home may request an application on behalf of the voter.
- A designated agent of a resident of a skilled nursing home may request an application and ballot ONLY if:
- The agent provides the Clerk with a written designation signed by the voter; and
- The designation is witnessed and discloses the address of the witness; and
- The designation is dated no older than one year from that date of request of application and ballot.
Other information of importance.
- The Clerk may accept requests by telephone for ballot applications.
- All absentee ballot applications must bear the original seal and original initials of the clerk or deputy clerk.
- All absentee ballots applications must be signed by the absentee voter.
- An absentee ballot application by a disabled voter who receives it via mail, must be signed by a witness 18 years of age or older.
- Applications and ballots may only be given via mail (if eligible) or over the counter in the City Clerk’s office only.
- All absentee ballot envelopes must be signed over the flap.
- Applications must be notarized by an official authorized to administer oaths for absentee balloting. Applications of persons disabled need not be notarized but must be witnessed by a person 18 years of age or older (does not have to be a registered voter).
- Military and citizens serving outside or residing outside the territorial US must have a military postcard or via the website fvap.gov
- IT IS ILLEGAL TO HAND DELIVER ABSENTEE BALLOTS.
- Do I have to have a voter ID to vote absentee? YES
- A driver’s license
- A photo ID card issued by a branch, department, or entity of the State of Mississippi
- A United States passport
- A government employee ID card
- A firearms license
- A student photo ID issued by an accredited Mississippi university, college, or community/junior college
- A United States military ID
- A tribal photo ID
- Any other photo ID issued by any branch, department, agency or entity of the United States government or any State government
- A Mississippi Voter Identification Card
Where do I vote?
- In county and National elections, you may view the table below to find your voting location. If you are not sure of your voting precinct number, call the Monroe County Circuit Clerk’s office at 662-369-8695.
- In City of Amory elections, please go to the Old Armory building located 101 9th Street South, Amory, MS. Here is a location map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/101+S+9th+St,+Amory,+MSemail@example.com,-88.4839052,715m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88873d60864b6d79:0xaa08435f14d1fd59!8m2!3d33.9885614!4d-88.4817165
Monroe County Polling Places
|1F1||AMORY 1ST||EAST AMORY COMM CTR, 1200 Crump Blvd|
|1F2||BIGBEE||BIGBEE COMM CTR, 30470 Bigbee Rd, Amory|
|1F3||BOYDS||CASON COMM CTR, 30339 Old Hwy 6, Nettleton|
|1F4||HATLEY||HATLEY COMM CTR, 60030 Morgan St, Amory|
|1F5||PARHAM||PARHAM COMM CTR, 60416 Hatley Detroit Rd|
|1F6||SMITHVILLE||SMITHVILLE CHURCH OF CHRIST|
|2F1||AMORY SECOND||OLD NAT GUARD ARMORY, 101 9th St S|
|2F2||BECKER||BECKER COMM CENTER, Hwy 25 S|
|2F3||GREENWOOD SPRINGS||GRDW SPRGS COMM CTR, 50588 Grwd Sprg|
|2F4||WILLIAMS||SPLUNGE COMM CENTER ,60721 Splunge Rd|
|3F1||ABERDEEN 3RD||MONROE CO UNIT FACILITY, 101 Hwy 8 W|
|3F2||ATHENS||ATHENS VOL FIRE DEPT, 50205 Athens Quincy|
|3F3||BARTAHATCHIE||BARTAHATCHIE COMM CTR, 40457 Wolfe Rd|
|3F4||HAMILTON||HAMILTON COMM CTR, 40463 Old Hwy 45 S|
|3F5||LACKEY||LACKEY COMM CTR, 40170 Lackey Rd|
|4F1||NORTH ABERDEEN||AMERICAN LEGION BUILDING, Hwy 45 N|
|4F2||SOUTH ABERDEEN||HIGH STREET COMM CTR, 611 High St|
|4F3||DARRACOTT||DARRACOTT COMM CTR, 10446 Darracott Rd|
|4F4||GIBSON||NEW HEBRON CHURCH, 20145 Egypt Rd Aberdeen|
|4F5||PRAIRIE||PRAIRIE HEALTH CENTER, 10203 Hwy 382|
|5F1||AMORY FIFTH||WEST AMORY COMM CTR, 111th St|
|5F2||CENTRAL GROVE||CENTRAL GRV COMM CTR, 30099 Union Grv|
|5F3||NETTLETON||OLD NAT GUARD ARMORY, 110 Hill St, Nett|
|5F4||WILLIS||WREN FIRE DEPT #2, 20484 McAllister Rd|
|5F5||WREN||WREN COMM CTR, 32653 Hwy 45 N|