Frequently Asked Questions

  • Whom do I call about my business and residential garbage problems?
    Is it a billing problem?   If so, call the Amory Utilities Department at 662-256-5633
    Do you need an extra dump? If so, call the Amory Utilities Department 662-256-5633
    Do you have a complaint regarding service?  If so, call Monroe County 662-369-6654
    Do you need a dumpster (new service) for your business? If so, call 662-256-5633
    What are the prices?  Call 662-256-5633 for a complete price list.
  • Do you need to set up new service? If so, call 662-256-5633
  • Where do I report Street/drainage problems?
    Call the Street Department at 662-256-5721 (Option for Street)  or the Planning and Zoning 662-256-3517 (Option 4)


  • Amory, MS  Monroe County Government Complex
    Open every Wednesday EXCEPT the 3rd  Wednesday of every month.
  • Testing Hours are

          8:30-11:00 then 1:15 – 3:30

          at Monroe County Government Complex Building
           1619 Highway 25 North
           Amory, MS 38221   (662) 256-7149


  • Open Tuesdays & Wednesdays 8:30-4:30Eupora City Office Building
    114 Highway 9 North
    Eupora, MS 39744
    (662) 258-2567
    Open Thursdays 8:30-4:30Houston Police Department Court Room
    224 E. Madison St.
    Houston, MS 38851
    (662) 448-8139
    Open Tuesdays 8:30-4:30Louisville Courthouse
    115 South Court Street
    Louisville, MS 39339
    (662) 773-3843
    Open Monday and Friday 8:30-4:30Columbus-Lowndes County Administrative Building
    17 Airline Road
    Columbus, MS 39701
    (662) 327-1833
    (662) 329-1508 fax
    CDL site
    Open Monday through Friday 8:00-5:00Pittsboro
    166 Shannon Street
    Pittsboro, MS 38951
    (662) 412-3100
    Open 4th Tuesday of the month 8:30-4:30Starkville Substation
    987 Highway 182 East
    Starkville, MS 39759
    (662) 323-5316
    (662) 323-4271 fax
    Open Monday through Friday 8:00-5:00West Point Sheriff’s Office
    330 West Broad Street
    West Point, MS 38821
    (662) 494-5152
    Open Thursday and Friday 8:30-4:30
  • Do I need a permit to hold a special event?
    Yes. You can download the Event Permit and bring it to the City of Amory City Clerk’s Office a minimum of 30 business days prior to the event. CALL the City Clerk’s office prior to doing so to verify dates are available.  Also, please have all information for form but allow them to fill out. .